Camping is an important aspect of Tropical Bloom, and is included in every ticket. All camping is on one large field- the closer you are to the festival, the noisier it will be. The music runs 24 hrs a day, from Friday Afternoon until Sunday afternoon, so if you’re a light sleeper, or want quiet for your kids, then you’re better off in the family camping area at the far end of the paddock.
The campground is your village for the duration of the festival, so make sure you respect your neighbours and bring everything you need to make your temporary home as comfortable as possible. Here are a few suggestions:
- Waterproof tent - keeps the warmth in and the dew out.
- Comfy mattress - we all know how important a good night’s sleep, and a good mattress is essential!
- Warm blankets - It gets cold here at night so make sure you’re prepared.
- Shade - It’s nice to have a chill out area at camp and there are many options available, gazebo, dome shelter or even a tarp and poles.
- Esky - Coz ya gotta keep ya drinks cold! Remember, it's BYO and there is no alcohol for sale onsite
- Torch - The camp ground can become a bit of a maze so it always helps to have light on the scene if your wandering back at night.
- Food/snacks - Even if you plan on buying all your meals here, it’s still nice to have a few snacks back at camp. Food stalls may be closed in the early hours of the morning.
- Water container - There will be free drinking water on site but you’ll need your own container to bring it back to camp. And if you bring your own water, that's even better, as we have to import drinking water to the site.
- Earplugs - Remember, the music doesn’t stop! If you're a light sleeper, a set of earplugs can make all the difference
For those who really like the creature comforts, there will be a limited number of fully decked-outb Psyclone Tents available for hire. The tents sleep up to 6 people, and can be hired for the weekend at an additional cost of $380 for 2 people (1 queen-size mattress) or $550 for 4 people ( 2 queen-size mattresses). Glampers will also have access to 240v power and hot showers. Click here to reserve your glamping tent!